Divorce is a sensitive event that nobody intentionally plans for. At Family Lawyers NSW we have lawyers who are equipped to help you file a divorce. Divorces can be applied separately or together depending on your circumstances. It is highly essential and recommended that you speak to one of our divorce lawyers whose expertise will ensure your divorce process meet the Court’s strict requirements and processes.
At Family Lawyers our end goal is to give you the best possible advice. To ensure this we would not waste your time or money if you do not meet the eligibility criteria for a divorce to be granted.
Do you meet these requirements?
1. The Court must be satisfied that the relationship has broken down/separated for 12 months
2. The relationship is indeed broken irretrievably
3. Separation can occur under the same roof to satisfy if you meet the requirements.
Also, the court can only grant you a divorce when either party at least conforms to one of the following:
- Regards Australia as home
- Has lived their whole life in Australia
- Is an Australian citizen
- Intends to live in the country indefinitely
- Or, has lived in Australia for the 12 months prior to filing for divorce
There could be several other questions that you may be having while filing for a divorce Different questions and situations may arise whilst going through your divorce application. You can always feel comfortable to contact Family Lawyers NSW to talk to our expert divorce lawyers. If you have children and need to also get parenting consent orders drafted, our lawyers are able to assist you promptly too.
Contact us on (02) 8084 2764 and receive the highest standards of legal support with hassle free outcomes in your best interests.